The party was an invite-only private party so Ryan and I went early to set up the speakers, get prepared and make sure our costumes were all put together. Everything went perfectly smoothly until it came to lifting the speakers up on a step. Sure enough....hit my ankle, cut it so deep you could see the bone and it just didn't want to stop bleeding. I refused to go to HCMC emergency room across the street (hello triage!) and so we did the best we could with the bartenders to doctor it up before the party started.
Unfortunately, I had to fly out to Chicago the next day for work. Walk through airports, carrying a suitcase, walking around Chicago for dinner certainly was not my idea of a good time. I hit it so hard it bruised and even now, a week later, it still cannot be touched without pain :( I might venture to say I may have damaged the bone itself on top of the cut!
Anyways, Ryan and I looked fantastic as CavePeople, complete with General Mills fudge chocolate frosting smeared all over our visible skin to create the illusion of dirt. :) Next year, I will leave the DJ set up to the DJ and party throwers.
| Al has an amazing costume each year, in fact, his costumes are so amazing they are interactive and win him great prizes at the W hotel each year. |
| The CavePeople |
No comments:
Post a Comment