Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The ipad

The ipad.  Yes, the ipad.  I am writing about the ipad because I found our situation with the ipad quite comical.

For those of you who have not yet had the ipad experience, let me give you a brief overview of it's functionality:
  • Thin, light-weight, touch screen electronic device
  • Has internet
  • Can download lots of useful and entertainment only applications (Excel, pdf viewer, games, card games, calorie trackers, house search engine, restaurant search engines)
  • You can read books, download books
  • Awesome for googlemaps searching when in a new city

We were so lucky as to be gifted one of these amazing devices that is on the cutting edge of technology.  There really is nothing quite like it yet out in the marketplace, though I have read a few articles referencing an upcoming competitor.  But let me clarify, LAURA (that's me) was given this ipad to assist her at work and to be a reminder to think innovatively.  It is not a "company" owned device, but a personal gift, given with the strong suggestion that it be used by LAURA for WORK purposes.

My guess is that you can see where this is going.  Ryan has stolen my ipad!  It has now traveled to Great Falls, MT and is currently hanging out in Douglass, WY.  Now I can also guess that you think this is normal.  Ryan loves technology, loves using the newest, latest and greatest.   Therefore, it was only logical that it would end up in his hands.

Do you know what he is doing with this ipad?  He is sometimes using it for work, sometimes using it to look up things, check email but for the most part.....Ryan is playing a game!  A game called ANGRY BIRDS.  Really?  and I was just getting used to the Call of Duty thing :(

2 comments:

  1. Laura, Angry Birds is the BEST. Michael and I totally love it and we are not video game people :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- Douglas, Wy has interet ... ahahaha :)

    ReplyDelete