Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

4 Months

We have now been parents for more than 4 months.  It has been an absolute joy to watch Robby grow, change and learn each day.  He is a very active, skinny and long, little dude.  As a happy baby, he enjoys smiling at everyone - aka "flirting."  Flirting better describes his smiles because he smiles and immediately looks away to hide in my shoulder.


The little munchkin has been quick to learn to roll over and we are finding him many feet away from where we set him down - I hear from more experienced parents to get ready and babyproof!!

Aside from rolling over (and over and over) Robby's learned blowing bubbles, putting his a hands, fists and arms in his mouth and is attempting to get at those feet!  He still loves his playmat and is beginning to enjoy his play center except that his feet hardly touch the floor!!

I seem to have a theme of discussing baby Nordy's bowel movements - we (I think) just completed of a phase of blow outs that were a result of once a week poops.  I happened to wake one morning to an entirely poop covered baby - AH!  In the bath he went right away.  Oh wait, you HAVE to feed Robby right away in the morning or he screams bloody murder so I had to hold and feed poop covered baby before I could bath him!!  I promised my dearest husband the joy of the next several diapers due to this experience.

I'm back at work fulltime now (though we have half-day Friday's so I am trying to work from home).  Going back was difficult, which was made even more difficult by Ryan's travel schedule, returning to work during the busiest and most stressful time of year and our daycare (Nonna) on vacation for 2 weeks as well!  Oh, and I had class, Ryan had a ridiculously big workload for one of his classes, finals and Ryan in a new job that required him to be on call and help with Go-Lives off hours.  I also returned to work in a new role, which I doubt will compare to my prior role.  My prior role was pretty much the best job ever - a combination of great leadership, cross-cultural involvement, challenging projects and interesting day to day requirements.  It was the type of job you didn't mind or didn't notice staying past 6pm for - simply because you enjoyed what you were doing and it was so interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment